Seared beef short ribs slow roasted in a dutch oven to create tender fall off the bone ribs. Create a simple and flavorful sweet soy sauce made of soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sambal oelek, ginger and garlic. Slow cooking meat in the sweet soy mixture cultivates the sweet and savory flavors in the beef. The sauce reduces down creating the perfect sticky glaze which coats the ribs.
Serve with some jasmine rice, grilled bok choy, and kimchi. This meal is finger-licking good. The sweet glaze sticks to the rice and creates meaty and suculent bite. The meat is wonderfully sweet and rich and soaks in the meaty flavor. The acidity from the kimchi balances the rich sweetness of the meat.
Looking for a delicious and fun dinner to make your family. Try this Sweet Soy Glazed Short Ribs recipe. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sambal oelek, garlic, and ginger. It creates a restaurant-quality sweet soy glaze that will make you proud and happy.
Cause really, cooking is all about being happy. Coat ribs in flour and sear in a dutch oven in batches. Place all the ribs into a dutch oven and pour the sauce mixture on top and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
Beef short ribs are seared and coated in a sweet and spicy soy glaze and slow-roasted in a dutch oven. Create this fun and delicious meal that will please your whole family. It is super simple to make and comes together easily in the oven. For other fun meal ideas, try out my Spicy Udon Noodles!
What is Sambal Oelek?
Sambal oelek is an Indonesian chili paste made with crushed raw red chiles, a little vinegar, and salt. Some versions can also contain onion, lemon or lime juice, garlic, or sugar. Sambal oelek adds great depth of flavor to the spicy noodles.
What is Soy Sauce?
Soy sauce, or soya sauce, is an East Asian liquid condiment of Chinese origin, traditionally made from a fermented paste of soybeans. Soybeans are soaked in water and steamed before mixing with crushed roasted wheat.
Benefits of Ginger:
Ginger is a root of a flowering plant used as a spice and folk medicine. Fresh Ginger is also anti-inflammatory as it reduces gas, aides in digestion, and kills rhinoviruses which cause colds.
Other Meat Recipes:
Delicious, sweet soy glazed, slow-roasted beef short ribs. Served with jasmine rice, kimchi, and bok choy for a perfect dinner.
· ½ cup soy sauce
· ½ cup packed light brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons sesame oil
· 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
· 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
· 1 tablespoon sambal olek
· 2 lbs beef short ribs
· ¼ cup all-purpose flour
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 stalks green onions, sliced thin for garnish
· ¼ teaspoon white sesame seeds for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add soy sauce, brown sugar, sambal oelek, ginger and galric and mix.
- Pat dry short ribs and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge ribs in flour and shake off excess.
- Place dutch oven on the stove top at medium high heat.
- Add oil to pan and allow to heat.
- Sear ribs on all sides in batches.
- Turn the stove top off and add all ribs into the dutch oven pot.
- Pour sauce mixture over the ribs and move dutch oven to the oven and cook for 2 hours. Turn half way through.