Delicious carrots marinated in olive oil, brown butter, cinnamon, and paprika. Roasted in the oven to caramelized perfection. Topped with quick candied walnuts and creamy goat cheese. A wonderful side dish and great use of all those carrots sitting in your fridge.
While the carrots are roasting, in a small frying pan mix together butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. The mixture will thicken and bubble. Let the walnuts candy on low, making sure not to burn it, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cook.
Place cooked carrots onto a serving dish and top with candied walnuts and crumbled goat cheese and serve. The candied walnuts add a nutty crunch and burst of sweetness. The goat cheese is salty and creamy. Together the walnuts and cheese create a symphony of textures and well-balanced flavors.
These carrots are super simple to make. Peel carrots and toss them in olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and paprika. Layout the carrots on a baking tray and roast at 450 degrees for 40 minutes. A beautiful warm and sweet aroma will fill your home and remind you of holidays
Benefits of Carrots:
They are packed with beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. Carrots are linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
Other Vegetarian Recipes:
Delicious roasted carrots marinated in olive oil, brown butter, cinnamon, and paprika. Roasted in the oven to caramelized perfection.
- 1 pound of carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
For Candied Walnuts:
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For Goat Cheese Crumbles:
- 2 tablespoon grumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss carrots with olive oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and paprika. Then place in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the carrots are just fork tender. During baking, turn the carrots once or twice.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the candied pecans by melting the butter in a small pan on low heat. Once the butter is melted, add the maple syrup, brown sugar, and walnuts. Stir about 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the candied walnuts from the heat and stir in the sea salt. Set aside to cool.
- Once the carrots are cooked, put them in a serving dish. Sprinkle them evenly with the candied pecans and crumbled goat cheese.