Simple and easy roasted asparagus made with garlic powder, lemon zest, and panko bread crumbs. This side dish is crispy, tender, and packed with flavor. All you need is olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon zest, and panko bread crumbs.
Toss the asparagus in olive oil and layout on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and give a light toss with your fingers. Sprinkle garlic powder, lemon zest, and panko on top and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. It is that simple!
How to Trim Asparagus?
Simply take the ends of the asparagus between your thumb and forefinger and bend until it breaks. The asparagus automatically breaks just where the woody part ends and the fresh part begins. Making roasted asparagus does not even require a knife.
Benefits of Asparagus:
Asparagus is a natural diuretic that helps rid the body of excess salt and flush out the toxins in the kidney. Beneficial for people with high blood pressure and to prevent kidney stones.
Other Vegetarian Recipes:
Simple and easy roasted asparagus flavored with garlic, lemon zest and panko bread crumbs. This side dish is delicious, crispy and likely to be added to your rotation.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- Trim the asparagus by taking each end of asparagus between thumb and pointer finger and bend until it snaps. The asparagus will break at its correct spot. Do the same with each piece of asparagus.
- Toss the prepared asparagus in olive oil sat and pepper.
- Lay the asparagus out on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, lemon zest and panko bred crumbs on top of the asparagus and roast in the oven at 400 degress for 25 minutes until tender and cooked but crispy on the outside.