We can all agree no one has had a better glow up than cauliflower. It has become a favorite substitute for pizza crust, gnocchi, and mashed potatoes, as cauliflower is a low carb alternative to potatoes and bread. If you want to understand the hype, check out this creamy mashed cauliflower dish.
Simply boil cauliflower and garlic cloves until tender. Drain and mash/blend. Add butter, salt, and pepper. Mix and serve mashed cauliflower!
Mashed cauliflower does not taste like mashed potatoes. It has a more appealing, silky, creamy, and light texture. Quick and easy to make with minimal and simple ingredients. It requires minimal prep and work.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. Fiber helps with weight loss and digestion by keeping you feeling full longer. Additionally, cauliflower contains choline which is essential for learning and memory.
This is a great dish to make on the side of some mustard chicken along with roasted asparagus. It has a beautiful and creamy texture that pairs so well with the crispy asparagus and bold and spicy chicken.
Other Vegetarian Recipes:Print
Creamy mashed cauliflower made with garlic, butter salt and pepper.
- 1 medium sized cauliflower head
- 4 gloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut cauliflower florests from the stem.
- Place cauliflower and garlic cloves in a medium pot with water and boil until tender.
- Strain cauliflower and garlic and place back in the pot.
- Mash with a potato masher or emmersion blender with butter, salt and pepper.